Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|06/17/01 at 02:17:30|
|Salam Alaikum , this is an article i recieved by E-mail, from brother Mosab Rawi.|
Misconception About Treatment of Animals
Halal Meat is the Best
Many allegations have been made that Islamic slaughter
is not humane to animals. However, Professor Schultz
and his colleague Dr. Hazim of the Hanover University,
Germany, proved through an experiment, using an
electroencephalograph (EEG) and electrocardiogram
(ECG) that Islamic slaughter is THE humane method of
slaughter and captive bolt stunning, practiced by the
Western method, causes severe pain to the animal. The
results surprised many.
1. Several electrodes were surgically implanted at
various points of the skull of all animals, touching
the surface of thebrain.
2. The animals were allowed to recover for several
3. Some animals were slaughtered by making a swift,
deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck cutting
the jugular veins and carotid Arteries of both sides;
as also the trachea and esophagusHalal Method.
4. Some animals were stunned using a captive bolt
pistol humane slaughter by the western method.
5. During the experiment, EEG and ECG were recorded on
all animals to record the condition of the brain and
heart during the course of slaughter and stunning.
Results and Discussion:
I - Halal Method
1. The first three seconds from the time of Islamic
slaughter as recorded on the EEG did not show any
change from the graph before slaughter, thus
indicating that the animal did not feel any pain
during or immediately after the incision.
2. For the following 3 seconds, the EEG recorded a
condition of deep sleep - unconsciousness. This is due
to a large quantity of blood gushing out from the
3. After the above mentioned 6 seconds, the EEG
recorded zero level, showing no feeling of pain at
4. As the brain message (EEG) dropped to zero level,
the heart was still pounding and the body convulsing
vigorously (a reflex action of the spinal cord)
driving maximum blood from the body: resulting in
hygienic meat for the consumer.
II - Western method by C.B.P. Stunning
1. The animals were apparently unconscious soon after
2. EEG showed severe pain immediately after stunning.
3. The hearts of the animal stunned by C.B.P. stopped
beating earlier as compared to those of the animals
slaughtered according to the Halal method resulting in
the retention of more blood inthe meat. This in turn
is unhygienic for the consumer.
|Re: Halal Meat|
|06/17/01 at 15:27:33|
sum1 luvs their meat!!!
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org